Notifications
Clear all

Supervisor taking credit for your work---solutions?

36 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Dave Jensen
(@davejensencareertrax-com)

Happy to see you back with some posts populating the forum, but this is such a long and convoluted story and it just seems like no one is going to be able to give you any solid input as the story is so complicated. It sounds to me like Dick's original advice -- just to walk away from this -- is still the best.

Dave

Dave Jensen, Founder and Moderator
Bio Careers Forum

ReplyQuote
(@sir-tim-hunt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

It is a bit complex and much information is tied up in operating contracts between investors. If I learned anything from this mess, if you're going to do anything outside the boundaries of a normal W2 employment situation, get a contract or walk away. This defunct Partner is still asking me to do work for him. I decided to take a firm line; no direct open communication with scientists and investors, plus no contract; no deal. Remember this guy is a financier not a scientist. He can't do the patent and scientific due diligence of this job.  

ReplyQuote
Dick Woodward
(@dick-woodward)
Member Registered

One year ago, I told you to walk away from this. You are still involved, apparently. To add to your post about running for office - don't do it. You are exhibiting the lack of good judgement that seems to characterize all politicians.

ReplyQuote
(@sir-tim-hunt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Dick, I am trying to reach a compromise here so I can use this experience on my resume. Otherwise, it was a waste of my time. I didn't create this problem, the defunct Partner created it. As for politicians, it should be evident in the last year many exhibit poor judgement. My fault was not drawing a line in the sand with this guy by saying no contract no deal. Might have to get an attorney to draft a letter. I am not worried about the defunct Partner; you will have to trust my judgment on this point. Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@sir-tim-hunt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Dick, please note, the statute of limitations has expired on this defunct Partner's contractual arrangement. I tried everything to get this Partner to arrange a joint meeting with the key entrepreneurs even when these entrepreneurs asked to meet with me. I don't like to leave anything unresolved especially when this was not my fault. He should have gotten authorization to employ me. My thought is that I should at least apologize for the failings of this Partner. Thanks 

ReplyQuote
(@sir-tim-hunt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Dear Forum, It looks like I reached an agreement. The partners are going to meet with me. They will sign a future contract for all scientific analysis. The problem here was the partners disagreed with my analysis and invested in a bad venture anyway. This was relayed via the defunct partner. I tried to respect the chain of command. However, I realize it was more important that key investors had the right information and understood it. Any new contract will have an option for direct communication to the primary investors. The other reasons for working this out was additional $ were promised me on the sale of these startups and these investors are one of a few biotech entrepreneurs in this state.  Thanks 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: